5.21.2010

Back to Real Life--This is Probably Anticlimactic

After spending--oh my word, four months? I spent four months of my life that involved in the Twilight Saga?! I'm not certain of how I should feel about this. Should I be proud of my dedication to the cause of thorough, educated analysis? Should I be apathetic since it really doesn't matter all that much? Should I be horrified that I dedicated that much time and energy and witticism into something that in the long run probably matters less than Paris Hilton's autobiography?

I think yes.

But I'm digressing from the point...what I meant to start out with was:

After spending four months (guh) blogging (oh my, I'm blogging. I'm a blogger. I feel like I should know more about this world with a title) about the Twilight Saga, I feel like going back to my normal blogging--aka, "Have you ever pondered Mondays"--is even less adequate than it was before. And it helps very little that I just read over some older posts and am now wondering why on earth anyone bothers to read this. I'm so puzzled--this stuff is boring. I think there's something wrong with you people. Of course, I'm going to keep writing anyway, because I'm far too fond of Archives to just abandon him now, but I really do look at you all askance for reading. Truly.

I think I should carry a tape-recorder around with me everywhere I go, and this is why: in the past week, I've been legitimately (marginally) preoccupied with what I would post now that I'm done with Twilight forever. Every once and a while something would happen, something epic, or funny, or that just made me happy, and I tucked in away in my brain as "Blogging ideas." But the problem I face now is, since they already happened (and just ages ago, too) I really don't feel like mustering the narrative prowess it takes to retell things so they sound as awesome and cool as they were the first time. However, if I had a tape-recorder, then I could just narrate them in the moment, with dialogue peppered with witticism and emotional language inspired by my feelings for the moment at that time. In the moment. Because usually about a day after I meet the moment I get bored of the moment, and to each other we become one of those weird acquaintances that one smiles and waves at as they pass but at the same time tries to look extremely busy and destination-bound so that one doesn't have to stop and actually make conversation.

(I have a few people in my life under that category. I'm rightfully ashamed of my lack of gumption and social dexterity.)

What was the point of that paragraph? I think it was to say that if I had a tape recorder I could narrate said event while I was still excited about it and then in effect dictate it to myself later. I think that was it.

So biggest news in Meagan's life to date is that her poor fish are starving! I just realized neglecting this blog means neglecting to give love and tender care to the pixelated koi pond and it's adorable denizens! I'm a horrible parent...Remington, Steiny, Alphonse, Earl, Fitz--forgive me.

Oh yes, I'm also on summer break. Which is extremely nice for me, but probably not the most awesome for you, since that means right now I'm determinedly doing literally nothing. Well, I am going through Les Miserables; I think that's pretty epic of me if I do say so myself. But other than that, you probably don't want to hear about it.

I smell like an Icee right now. And now I want an Icee.

Things I am looking forward to:

  • Prince of Persia and Eclipse because they both look hilarious.
  • The return of Psych--Season 4!.
  • Seeing the Leaches again (soon, soon, please be soon!).
  • Getting together with Hannah (aha! You didn't think I was thinking about it, did you? Well I was).
  • Getting to meet my niece, Julia Mae Smith, in July! [it's special. It gets special formatting]
Mbye!

4 comments:

  1. I am very impressed that you are reading Les Mis. (claps) and I am looking forward to Psych as well, now that Bones has ended (sniff)
    hehe, your little blurb about the smiling and waving made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Psych! YES.

    as for the whole mental blog repository idea: perhaps you should carry around a small notebook. the in-the-moment contents of which you periodically dump here. :)
    (I would defo read.)

    oh and congrats on summer break. hope it's really really good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meg,

    No, I didn't think you were thinking about it. I am happy too! And I would love to hear about your reading Les Miserables. I've always wanted to see that. Oh well. Someday...someday. Anyway, yay for a new blog post! I'm sure there'll be more to come! And there will always be something wrong with me because I will always ready your blog posts as long as you post on your beloved Archives.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Psych. Win. I am definitely going to start watching that regularly.

    Hey, I was going to read Les Miserables! Don't spoil it for me, pleeze. :-)

    I'm kinda on summer break already too, so I don't feel an irresistible urge to kill you or anything.

    ReplyDelete