6.18.2010

Nondescript Monosyllables

You may have noticed that I haven't blogged anything interesting recently, or blogged anything at all, nor have I started my sparkley super amazing pixie blog for writing. Aren't you clever.

Unfortunately, Constantine--the Laptop, for all you n00bs (aka, non-family members) out there--suffered a bit of an accident. Actually it was more like a direct attempt on his life, executed by an old Nintendo DS. Clearly embittered by its looming obsolescence, the chunky console got the drop on Con while was chilling out on my carpet--the jealous blighter. Constantine is still technically functional, but his screen is a bit shattered, in an LCD way.

I've been free-loading off of my mother's and sister Shannon's laptops for necessities--like e-mailing, Facebook, and watching Doctor Who on Netflix Insta-Play--but for something that requires extensive, intense, personal time such as writing, obviously other persons' laptops aren't going to be available and/or useful. Shannon uses her's a lot, and mother's is super tiny. Very, very small. Trying to type on it for more than about an hour or two every week is like begging for carpel tunnel syndrome and chronic claw-hands. And I won't get into details because this is a G-rated blog and I intend to keep it that way, but the house computer is my arch-nemesis and therefor not an option either.

What this means for you, dear reader, is that the whole writing blog thing will be a bit of time. I need to figure out how/where to get my screen replaced, and to do that I'm going to have to find someone to discuss my problem with who's more interested in telling me how much that will cost, not trying to sell me on the latest super special awesome deal on Dell laptops including their two year, $150 service plan complete with a new cord every year. Yeah, Staples guy; I wasn't even there and I saw right through you, so don't think you sold my mother on the idea either.

So I thought I'd let you know. In case you were wondering. I can hear my one fan weeping in the distance--it's gratifying.

If anyone knows how to replace a laptop screen, or knows about anything related to that, like where to get one cheap, you'll probably be my new favorite person. I'll find a cute/funny picture on the internet and post it on this blog for you.

Who can resist such incentive?

3 comments:

  1. You're a doctor who fan? How come shan never told me this?
    Also, Yes I've been secretly reading your blog for a while now. Just haven't commented till now >.<

    ReplyDelete
  2. also sorry to hear about the laptop :( that stinks

    ReplyDelete
  3. ask andrew! he'll have some ideas :)

    ReplyDelete