12.11.2009

To Be Harrassed Over Cellulars is but a Little Thing when Good Friends Surround--To My Bodyguards

Classes are almost done. Oh how I can't wait to be done school for an entire month. I have a portfolio to assemble, a presentation to write, two papers to pound out, and two finals to take, but by Thursday next week I'll officially be a free woman.

Went to school. Hung out in the library between classes because it was too cold to walk all the way back to the student union building. Admired Martin Luther more than any of my classmates in History. Did a bit dreadful on a Spanish quiz. Ate dinosaur chicken nuggets for the 97% I got back yesterday. Arm-wrestled little brother for the right to my last stegosaurus (and won, poor chap).

Oh I have pudding in the fridge!

Wasted lots of time. Watched Christmas episode of The Office and Bones (excellent episode I must say, especially for a show that tends to be so empirical about religion). Wished for Psych to be back--January 27! Wasted lots of time on Facebook.

And then I was interrupted by a text. A text from Elizabeth "Lix" Leach. A text asking what was I planning to do tonight? Well, I was going to do some studying, I answered, but nothing so urgent, why?

Oh well, would you like to see The Princess and the Frog with me then?

So I said, Yes that's fine.

And we did. Accompanied by Cathleen "Bodyguard" Gemmell and John "Sweetums" Leach. And it was marvelous. A simply astoundingly wonderful film. Ah, the old days of Disney still live somewhere within the hearts of a few animators, directors, and screenwriters.

I do not recommend: I command that you go see this movie this instant. Go. Now. Stop reading this, it's over. Leave. Buy your ticket now and watch it and hitchhike to New Orleans. Godspeed.

4 comments:

  1. *sigh* I am counting down the days to my freedom. Okay, not literally counting, but metaphorically so. We shall suffer together, since all the Drexel people finished already.

    I cannot begin to tell you how much I adored that movie...can we watch it again?

    ...Do I count as one of your bodyguards?

    ReplyDelete
  2. the stranger of the twoDecember 17, 2009 at 6:36 PM

    the new layout is ace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Alana, you can be my bodyguard. Any day -waggly eyebrows-

    Why thank you, Stranger of the Two, Chase Bradford Lowell designed it himself.

    ReplyDelete