12.02.2010

Stop Complaining; I Have a Life, Okay!

That title is just to make visitors think that my blog is so popular that people complain to me all the time about how I never update it. I don't get complaints in real life; for that matter, I don't think I get visitors, either. But that's okay, I don't write this blog for an audience (clearly).

I just wanted to point out that I gave Archives a Christmas makeover. Doesn't he look awesome? Why did I feel the need to write a mini-post pointing this out, you ask, dear Reader, when one can very clearly see for themselves that the blog format has changed? I don't have a satisfactory answer for you, but it probably has something to do with the fact that I should be researching for a paper on psychoanalytic criticism right now.

No, wait...I think there is sort of a point to this post. I had an idea, last night, right before I fell asleep (which on a normal night would mean that you do not want to know, but in this case it seems to still be pretty okay in the light of morning). I thought it might be fun to do an Archives Super Cool Christmas: Advent Extravaganza--ON THE INTERNET. Which basically means that I'm going to post something holiday-ish every day until Christmas. I know, you're peeing with excitement right now, right? Me too. Hopefully this will be an everyday thing, rather than something like NaNoWriMo, or the beginning of this blog (remember that time when I said I was required by my professor to write everyday? I know, that was so funny).

Since I had this idea right before I fell asleep, I didn't post anything for yesterday. You probably already guessed that, because you guys are pretty smart for internet denizens. But that just means that to start off you get two things! Try to contain that excitement before it comes exploding out of the top of your head from the sheer excellence of this monumental event.


First, here's a song from one of my favorite Christmas CDs, Songs for Christmas by Sufjan Stevens. Everyone should buy it. It's 42 tracks of Christmas magic:



The second is quite possibly my favorite short from the original Fantasia (it's not exactly Christmas themed--but the music is!):



Most of the Archives Super Cool Christmas: Advent Extravaganza--ON THE INTERNET (henceforth to be referred to as ASCCAEOTI or Ascoti for short) will probably be songs. Maybe videos. Pictures, perhaps on a rare occasion.

Audience participation would be helpful in two areas:

  1. Spam me with awesome Christmas crap! I need ideas.
  2. Does anybody know how to embed songs onto a blog post, so I don't have to put up a giant great video window just so people can listen to them? Let me know.
WHOOHOOCHRISTMAS!

No comments:

Post a Comment