9.11.2009

Contemplating My Naval--or, What I Did in Class (Mostly) Today

So before you all nudge-nudge each other while casting knowing glances my way, I'm supposed to be posting every day. It's part of the whole "journaling" aspect of the assignment (from the French jour, meaning "day"--see Professor? I pay attention in class!).

Grumpy today...perhaps subconsciously I feel that since I like rainy whether so much, I should mirror it. Either way I didn't want to go to class today. I want to go puddlejumping with Dan and Amy; I want to curl up in my giant blue armchair with a cup of flower tea and read The Book Thief again; I want to listen to quiet sad songs and write something in shades of blue and grey; I want to nap...

Basically, I want to be doing anything but sitting on a lumpy couch in Sykes (the one Sean broke, the fatty) typing another blog entry while I try to contemplate what I should have said in my history class and how I should have spoken up more. Is not my life tragic? Do you not feel dark, sorrowful empathy for how hard things are for me?

In sum: I want soup.

2 comments:

  1. i agree. a rainy day calls for rainy activities. i told mike i wanted to stay home today and read my book and drink my tea/coffee next to my lovely candy corn candle. he told me that would indeed be lovely, but that alas, i had to go to work.

    i love your blog. it's pretty much my new favorite.

    ReplyDelete