9.08.2009

The Explanation--that is to say, the Excuse.

The short answer is university compels me. Not that I can honestly say I mind. But you, dear reader, probably will, seeing as how if you're actually here you're subjecting yourself to some extremely mundane and self-centered ramblings.

(There, I almost said "very" but didn't. Does "extremely" serve a better purpose, Professor?)

So a brief assignment for WRT 205 has smashed the "Should I-shouldn't I?" debate into irrelevancy. Probably this means I'm going to keep this blog. Drat it all, I broke.

Dear Professor Blake, I warn you that the longest journal I've ever kept consisted of eleven entries. But I suppose I'm more self-controlled now, and will be able to keep it up for your sake (I hope). Which means I should probably start the actual journaling aspect of this assignment...

Today I literally almost cried when I realized it was six forty-five and I had to get up. This bodes quite ill for the potential emotional impact of longer school breaks. I do, however, enjoy the greyness of today. I like cloudy weather, in the most non-emo way.

Let me think...coming up with interesting anecdotes from my life is hard--a mildly worrying fact.

Horrifyingly I am enjoying my history class.

Steph is coming over later; and there was great rejoicing.

9 comes out tomorrow, which I am excited about! (As denoted by the exclamation point!)

I have twenty dollars of iTunes and nothing I particularly want (except the "Hockity Pockity" song from The Sword in the Stone, which they don't have...no I'm not bitter). Suggestions?

So....that's all I can think of. Probably later posts won't be this...verbose, but I entertain myself.

7 comments:

  1. I am happy you are finally doing this. I should. I want to. But all my failed attempts tell me not to waste another blog. Haha, it's sunny here. I have our fan on cuz it's not cold for once. I love ramblings and I will always love yours.

    ~one of your many faithful followers~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, 6:45 isn't as bad as it could be. However I know that it's not fun. I sympathize...sort of. Think of it this way: at least it's not 5:30.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am curious. What is the stated purpose of keeping a blog for a class?
    Needless to say, I always appreciate reading your "ramblings," the most random and/or happenstance of which are always well-crafted enough to exude an air of professionality.
    As for your musical purchase dilemma, get something by Mat Kearney. Anything. He's brilliant.
    Please be verbose. It's highly entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Meg, your simply a delight. 6:45 is an evil time to be up. My exception is at YC where I dont mind getting up. The Sword in the Stone is a wonderful movie and now I want to see it. I WANNA SEE 9!! Steph is coming over?!? No fair! Hogging her all to yourself. I am appalled....and I'm in class so...bye.

    ReplyDelete
  5. mingazat? Thats the passowrd thingy?

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Horrifyingly I am enjoying my history class."?????
    Seriously, Meg. I'm disappointed that you're so shocked. I would read history all day if I could :)
    I like your blog.
    And 6:45 is not early, just FYI. I got up at 5 this morning.
    Also, I'm thinking of having a Smith/Gemmell girls baking day. Email forthcoming.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Meg, you really entertained me. :)

    ReplyDelete