9.10.2009

An Ode (of Sorts) to Professors--because it is Too Easy to Complain

You might be somewhat surprised by the smudge of guilt I feel hanging over me, courtesy of the previous comment on my history professor. I know I am. But really, I feel I didn't quite do him justice. Really I like him quite a lot; he's very interesting, as is his class, and he has a slight French accent. Also he has Harry Potter glasses--which isn't to say he looks remotely like Harry Potter, but the glasses are there none-the-less. And I can't find I blame him for the way he talked about the Hebrew faith; compared to others on West Chester campus, he was extremely kind about it, and presented the material free of any bias. I suppose if I wasn't a Christian, that's how I would view religion as well. I feel somewhat sad for him. But the whole point of this paragraph is that I really rather like him on a whole.

Really I would like to generally honor all my professors, for being the kindest, most engaging I've had as a whole in three semesters of West Chestering. For having the most interesting quirks, the most open attitudes, and in Professor Blake's case, a humility not exactly expected of teachers in general (you know the instance to which I am referring--I greatly appreciated it, Professor). I always feel like I want to send out thank you notes to all my professors after a term, for putting up with us and working at least as hard as we do for probably much less return; but it always turns out that I'm to busy during finals week, and/or I am daunted by the idea that it may be perceived as trying to garner special favor...so this is my homage, my ode to professors! You are all appreciated!

Updates from tonight:

So many new faces at CCF! My heart sings with happiness. I am so excited to have the privilege of being an avid onlooker into the complex and wondrous workings of God. This is going to be a good year.

Dearest Lauren is leaving for London in too short a time. I shall miss her so. Inadvertently I almost made her cry tonight--not my intention! But I am planning on taking this opportunity to become a fledgling letter-writing (Note to self: buy stationary).

A word to my dear readers: if you have not yet the delight of meeting/knowing Mary Gemmell, your life is sadly without. I would recommend remedying this immediately. Possibly I have just opened the portal for a conglomeration of budding Mary-stalkers. If so, my deepest apologies friend Mary!

Exchanged notes of deepest desires en espanol this afternoon with a certain someone. Love.

(Somehow, "remedying" looks entirely wrong...spell-check says it is correct. I don't if I trust it.)

Well...that's it for me I believe. Farewell!

(And naturally as soon as I cheerily attempt to post my latest journaling dump, blogspot decides to forcibly inform me that I did something wrong in a dialect I don't understand. You're just trying to make yourself look superior, aren't you blogspot?)

1 comment:

  1. They do say Spanish is the language of love. (Or is that Italian? French? Mongolian?)

    Good call on the professor-honoring. That is quality material. And also, I think, honors God which naturally trumps all else.

    Blogspot has an inflated sense of superiority, without a doubt.

    Have you yet heard Mat Kearney? I think it would behoove you to investigate...whether or not you end up enjoying it, he is certainly worth your time.

    ReplyDelete